Gesamtzahl der Seitenaufrufe

Sonntag, 6. Oktober 2013

Before the trip ....Livin` the dream !

Hi everyone,

what is this all about?

Well... a crazy blog following some random dude on a trip that features a whole lot of THIS:




 



and hopefully plays like THIS:





wrapped into a trip that looks a whole lot like THIS:


Flights of the trip


the first post on this blog should just set the scene for my upcoming sport trip to the US and will answer the most important questions which are:

1) Who is that weird dude that is creating this blog and why is he doing that?
2) What is this trip about?

Most of the readers of this blog will most probably know me already. I am Peter, living in Erfurt right now, due to my job I am based in Germany but I am mostly travelling across Europe for my living.

If I had to describe myself in 2 words they would be sarcastic and ambitious. I have been, for some reason, while being reasonably lazy, able to reach all the goals I set for myself while reaching for new heights all the time (shout out to Herti and Done --> lets start that company  !!! ). I did so while enjoying life quite a bit and I have travelled quite a lot in the past to all areas of this planet.

Still there was one thing in the back of my mind that I always wanted to do: travel to the US just to go nuts on sport events. One has to understand at this point that I have been to the US already 3 times but all the trips were mostly focusing on the regular sightseeing stuff tourists just do while travelling to the country between the likes of Mexico and Canada.


Still readers: dont worry, this blog wont be all about sports, it will rather be a mix of a trip report to cities such as Chicago, Miami, Dallas and New York and I will try to explain why I love the American Sports cultures so much even tough it is so much focused on show, making money and being cocky :)

Staples Center - Los Angeles December 2012

I decided in late July that this year is going to be the year and I started planning my kind of nerdy trip. A couple of years down the road when my own family and stuff like that will take the majority of my time I wont do it anymore...so here I go.

Next to sports I want to meet good old friends as well during the trip such as the Florida-Nancy-Gang

Ya...the nice guy on the right side of mine is now in law school :D



 ...and of course the Grenoble-chaos-group...


Beijing 2k11


As this is one of the trips of my lifetime I will create a live blog of the trip as well which will serve as the diary for myself at the same time and with other trips upcoming next year (Kilimandscharo hike) I wanted to see if this way of sharing pieces of information about the trip is worthwhile or not.

Thats it for the first post, the second post will come up in just 1 or 2 days and will describe what the tour schedule will be about in detail !

Leave a comment if you like to, feedback is pretty much appeciated as I am doing this for the first time...

Peter

3 Kommentare:

  1. I wish you all the super best for this trip Mr. Peter !! Have fun and keep writing ! ;) Prost

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. This better mean you're going to a Heat game!! :D

    AntwortenLöschen